Students gear up for dodgeball tourney

Students gear up for dodgeball tourney

Time to reveal the creative t-shirts, trendy team names, and the athletic ability, because dodgeball is here.

Taking place on Wednesday, Nov. 27, is the annual senior-sponsored dodgeball tournament at MCHS. The event will occur in the main gym at Central Campus, where students of all ages will compete against each other in a double-elimination tournament. The cost to attend is $2 or a canned food item.

“I’m always looking forward to the dodgeball tournament because of all the joy it brings,” Olivia Klank, senior, said. “It’s a great time to spend with friends.”

However, others take it more competitively for fame among their peers.

“I feel like my team has a really good chance because of all the athletic kids we have. I guess you never know though with a dodgeball tournament,” Max Christiano, senior, said.

The event is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. All players participating in the tournament are required to report to the Career Center at 6:30 p.m. with their teams for a review on the rules.

“It definitely should be a fun time. May the best team win, and I hope that me and my team can put on a show for anyone that comes out,” Kole Vaught, senior, said.

Look for our full coverage of the dodgeball tournament in the next issue of PPC, distributed to students on Dec. 15.