The student news site of Minooka Community High School in Minooka, Illinois

Nook News

Nook News

Nook News

Basketball student managers work behind the scenes

Juniors+Camden+Swanson+and+Brendyn+Jacobs+help+out+during+the+Dec.+15+varsity+boys+basketball+team+against+Romeoville.++They+are+the+teams+managers.+
Brandon Ritsos
Juniors Camden Swanson and Brendyn Jacobs help out during the Dec. 15 varsity boys basketball team against Romeoville. They are the team’s managers.

The Minooka Indians boys varsity basketball team has just started the first half of the basketball season, and one thing about the program few people pay attention to is the team managers. They are behind the scenes helping the boys varsity team prepare for their matchups and putting their time into the program. 

Brendyn Jacobs and Camden Swanson are the new team managers for the 2023-24 Minooka varsity boys basketball team. The players on the Minooka basketball team are very appreciative of what the team managers bring to the table for the program.

“While we’re on the bench, they bring us a lot of energy off the bench for the players to feed off of,” junior guard Charlie Murray said. 

Junior combo guard DJ Hampton appreciates them. 

“They take time out of their day to come and support us and make sure that everything is in order,” Hampton said.

Jacobs is passionate about his job as a team manager and expressed why he took the job as a team manager 

“I wanted to be a part of the coaching staff and the Minooka basketball program since I outgrew my passion of playing basketball,” he said.

After making the team his freshman year, junior Camden Swanson also expressed the reason why he chose to make the sacrifice to become the team manager. 

“I missed out on making the team sophomore year, and I still have a big love for basketball and also still wanted to be a part of the program,” he said.

Jordan Taylor is a member of the Minooka varsity boys basketball team.                                                  

View Comments (1)