The student news site of Minooka Community High School in Minooka, Illinois

Nook News

Nook News

Nook News

Students enjoy The Eras Tour movie

Taylor+Swift+thanks+her+fans+at+the+end+of+The+Eras+Tour+movie.+
Taylor Swift thanks her fans at the end of The Eras Tour movie.

You might ask yourself, why would Taylor Swift, a billionaire, need an opportunity to make more money?

For Taylor Swift, it’s not about the money. It is about being able to share this concert with everyone she can. 

The Eras Tour is the highest grossing tour and now with the release of The Eras Tour movie it is the highest grossing concert film. 

“It was an amazing way to relive the concert that brought me so much joy,” said sophomore Lauren Johnson. 

Taylor Swift brings so much joy to so many people, so this movie was such a special thing for so many people, especially those who didn’t get the chance to see her in concert.

Johnson was extremely lucky to have attended The Eras Tour concert three nights.

”I had a blast being able to go with my friends and being able to experience the concert again,” Johnson said. 

It goes to show how this movie means different things to different people. 

“I liked it because it was just like a real concert,” freshman Lauren Klimchack said. “I wasn’t able to go to The Eras Tour so it was really cool to be able to feel like I was there and get the whole experience instead of watching it on glitchy live streams on Tiktok.”

Freshman Ashlyn Freeman saw the movie with her mom. 

‘It was such a good experience to be able to go and sing these songs we love so much together,” she said.

According to the fans, the film was nothing like they have ever seen before, even compared to Taylor’s other films, Reputation Stadium Tour (2018), Miss Americana (2020), and Folklore Long Pond Sessions (2020).

“The camera quality was so perfect, I was shocked when Taylor first appeared on the screen at how real it felt. It instantly brought me back to the concert,” junior Rori Locke said. 

Many fans would agree that the Reputation era was their favorite era performed throughout the entire movie. 

“When the rep era opened up, the entire theater bursted with excitement, “ Locke said. “The big snake circling around the stage brought everyone out of their seats. Also, I think the choreography during the rep era is superior to all the other eras. Rep era is the best era.”

Finding out which songs got cut from the film and which surprise songs were going to be played kept the fans on the edge of their seats the whole time. 

“I wish she would have played ‘Wildest Dreams’ because it is such a classic and I know every single word,” Klimchack said. 

Swift’s entire discography is over 20 hours long so fans were still so impressed they got to hear as many songs as they did in the 2-hour and 45-minute film.

“I loved that the first surprise song was her self-titled first album, and how it led into a Midnights, her most recent album, song because it shows where she started and where she is now and how far she has come,” Johnson said. 

Just like the concert, theaters were selling merch which gave it that little extra detail that made it feel real. 

Freshman Caylee Placko said, “I never got to go to The Eras Tour but after seeing this movie and getting my Taylor Swift cup, I am very happy.”