Freshman football takes down Romeoville

Freshmen+Jack+Hopman+and+Tyler+Martin+wrap+up+a+Romeoville+player+on+Sept.+10.++Minookas+freshmen+beat+the+Spartans+50-24.+

Ryan Susnar

Freshmen Jack Hopman and Tyler Martin wrap up a Romeoville player on Sept. 10. Minooka’s freshmen beat the Spartans 50-24.

Despite having room for improvement, the freshman football team beat Romeoville on Sept. 10. 

The game was played at Minooka. This game showed why Minooka was the better team in beating them 50-24. 

“The team played very well, not a lot of errors,” freshman quarterback Zane Caves said. “Overall I like how the offense played. They played hard and we won that game by a lot.”

Freshman Cayden Pollock thought the team played great overall, but there were some things to fix.

“I think we could do better, like the corners need to stay outside and linebackers need to stay home,” Palloch said. “We could have beat them by way more but we still got the win so I am happy.”

Freshman coach Matt Smith said the team did not play as well as he expected.

“I have some high expectations for this year’s team,”  Smith said. “We made a few mistakes that put us in some pretty bad positions. We will continue to work on these things moving forward as we go through the season.”

Minooka’s freshman football team is very good but still need to stay locked in for the rest of the year.

It is important that the guys stay focused on the tasks at hand and continue to work and grow as football players,” Smith said. “If we get the little things right, the big things take care of themselves.”