F/S boys wrestlers compete hard at Coal City

The+boys+JV+wrestling+team+competed+at+Coal+City+on+Dec.+3.+

The boys JV wrestling team competed at Coal City on Dec. 3.

The fresh/soph boys wrestling team would leave Coal City high school with two first-place finishers on Dec. 3.

Minooka competed against Plano, Coal City, Joliet West, Neuqua Valley, Yorkville, Providence Catholic, Reed Custer, and Metea Valley High School. 

When Minooka arrived they would get right to warming up and looked at their individual brackets. Most would be anxious heading down to their first match.

As the tournament would advance there would be many ups and downs throughout the matches. Minooka would have two wrestlers that would be projected to win off the bat, Robbie Murphy and A.J. Frescura.

The team would have many big performers during this tournament.

One of the top wrestlers for the wrestling team would be Murphy, who was 3-0 throughout the tournament.

Frescura was 3-0 also. Sophomore Francesco DiTrolio was 2-1 throughout the tournament, his only loss would be to Frescura in the finals. 

Freshman Ryan Pucel was also 2-1 with his only loss being in the finals.

The team would have the following placers: Frescura with 1st place, Murphy with 1st place, DiTrolio with 2nd place, Pucel with 2nd place, Ethan Walsh with 4th place, Jaxon Banner with 5th place, and Santino Capodice with another 5th place finish.

“The tournament went pretty well, I wrestled great, and I got first place,” said Frescura.

The team would have many good performances and they would also not have the best performances. 

“I think we did okay but we need to work on not getting pinned,” said Lucas Heap, freshmen.

The Minooka fresh/soph wrestling team would leave there with four total podium placers.

“Overall I think we did a good job, most of the wrestlers we had taken to the tournament placed. Overall I’m happy with the results,” said coach KJ Minor.

Ethan Walsh is a member of the fresh/soph wrestling team.