The student news site of Minooka Community High School in Minooka, Illinois

Nook News

Nook News

Nook News

Online testing or paper? What’s your preference?

At MCHS many teachers have different ways of taking tests. Many do online because they’re much easier to grade and also save paper and having to print.

Seven students interviewed  agreed that they like online testing more than paper testing for a variety of reasons. 

“I like online better because I could get my test results right away, also I like it because I would only need my Chromebook unlike paper testing where I’ll need multiple items to take the test,” sophomore Brayden Carlson said.

Many of the students talked about getting their result right after taking the test.

“I would pick online because most of the time you can see your score right away and most of the questions are multiple choice,” sophomore Oliver Murray said.

Another reason students preferred online was because of the fewer peppers they would take home. If you take a paper test you will have to take it home also while testing your test can get messy if you have a paper you’re allowed to use. 

“I personally prefer online tests because of the lack of clutter and the overall convenience of it,” sophomore Damarion Nelson said.

Some people  were not swayed all in one direction; many saw the benefits to both.

“It’s a hard choice for me. I like paper because it feels more natural to me but Online has more benefits,” sophomore Carter Gallup said.

Many students grew up only doing paper tests until 7th grade, so paper comes more naturally. But the benefits of seeing your score right away and not needing extra equipment outweighs other concerns.